VirtueMart Order Management Possibilities
After establishing the catalog, there is constantly a place for job to be done. Among the major duties of the shopkeeper is to manage VirtueMart orders. VirtueMart order management includes viewing how many orders were made, checking VirtueMart order status and order details, changing them if necessary and notify your clients about the state of their purchase. All of that requires time and efforts.
Store Manager for VirtueMart allows you to view and handle orders made at your VirtueMart store. The following managing possibilities are available:
- See orders placed so far in retail store. The most recent orders are displayed primarily. As you can see, here is shown order ID, order number, client’s name, VirtueMart order status, total and subtotal, payment and shipment methods and date of order.
- There may be thousands of orders a day, so you may possibly need to separate out the orders and see which ones need urgent attention. Here filtering option comes at hand. You can sort out products using headings or use ready-made filters to see products by date or depending on status.
- Edit existing VirtueMart order details using appropriate button or in the lower grid. Also going from order to order, you can see details that belong to each without additional fields opening. There you can change general information as well as billing and shipping data, products that were ordered and whole order history. You can also add new products to this order from this section.
- Change VirtueMart order status. This is how the order management workflow preserved. After acquiring an order from the buyer, it goes by various statuses and thus, the state of purchase needs to be changed. Most often, when the product is delivered, the status should be changed. Sometimes, you need to change the status when the customer refunds it for some reason.
- From the mentioned above point you already know that order status is changing. Usually your client also wants to have an idea how goes the situation with ordered goods. Thus, it is very important for VirtueMart order management to notify customers about the change of the status of their purchase. It is possible using the option “Send Email”.
- Delete orders if needed using appropriate option. Please note, that this action cannot be cancelled unless if done and you will lose information.
- Refresh the data after the changes to see actual picture of orders.
- Use reports on ordered products and get Deliver slip and Invoice of the order. This way you can get orders statistics.
- Export orders made at your store to Excel, HTML, XML or Text files.
- You can also export orders to PeachTree or QuickBooks accounting systems for their further use.
An order's life cycle is shown in the following diagram:
VirtueMart order management possibilities of Store Manager for Virtue will be enhanced and improved further.
More detailed instructions and explanation on each section and option included in VirtueMart order section you can find here -http://store-manager-for-virtuemart-documentation.emagicone.com/customers-and-orders/6-orders