Create Promotions Using VirtueMart Coupons
Date: December 5th, 2013
A coupon is a type of sales promotion tool that is created by store owner to encourage clients to buy goods, since using them the buyer have the chance to get price savings or other incentives when presented at the time of purchase.
Coupons allow you to create targeted special offers and increase demand. Coupons may be used to give a percentage discount to all visitors with a given code or some total money value that will be used for final price lowering. Coupon is simply a reference code, a set of characters that is entered by the client into a coupon box on website (at checkout) to receive a special offer, discount, free shipping or any other bonus.
Coupons are especially often created before the holidays or when there is the need to raise sales and bring more attention to your goods and shop in general.
In VirtueMart you can set up multiple coupons so you can decide which works for you the best and brings you positive results.
This tutorial, explains how exactly to create and manage VirtueMart coupon codes via Store Manager for VirtueMart.
If you open Ribbon menu of the application and there select tab “Store” > Coupons, you will see the window implemented for handling coupon codes.
Let’s start with the basics and add new VirtueMart coupon. To do it, you need to press “Add coupon” button from main menu. You will not see any additional windows coming up. Just check lower grid, since there are the fields to fill in to add new order. It is very convenient, since you can browse each VirtueMart coupon and see its details without the need to open each.
So, lets return to coupon creation. You have to fill in the following fields -
- Published - set checkbox to activate this promotion.
- Coupon code - this is required field. Generally the set of numbers and letters are generated automatically, however in case, for instance, it is some holiday and you need meaningful title for code, you can change it.
- Value - quantity of reduction.
- Percent or Total - select from drop-down whether you would like discount to be fixed - total (e.g. $50) or if it will be decreased that is to be removed from main products price (e.g. 20% discount from price).
- Coupon Value - select either Gift Coupons or Permanent Coupons. Gift Coupons are removed once they have been applied. Permanent Coupons can be used for multiple times for example for campaigns, so they can be used again and again until you remove them from coupon list.
- Minimal total order - the quantity to buy for the code to be possible to redeem.
- Coupon Start/Expiry date - indicate there time period during which the code will be active and available to apply which purchasing goods at your shop.
Other actions available in this section allow you to edit, massively change the status of coupons, delete them and remove from the list completely, export them to the files of Excel, html, xml, csv and txt formats for statistical or other purposes.
Coupon is the ultimate tool for issuing Virtuemart discounts to your clients. Promote your products better with VirtueMart coupon system available in Store Manager for VirtueMart!