How to Bulk Assign VirtueMart Manufacturers to Products
Everyone will agree that VirtueMart product manufacturer is an essential factor that may influence customer choice. Moreover, manufacturer can be used for product search throughout the net. To make their browsing easier and help customers quickly access target products, you should assign corresponding manufacturer to these products.
Sounds quite simply: “you should assign”, doesn’t it? There is nothing difficult, if several items miss the manufacturer. Although having great volume of such merchandise, you definitely will prefer to assign VirtueMart manufacturer to these listings in bulk. Store Manager for VirtueMart lets you bypass all the routines connected with this task and fluently associate merchandise with their producers.
Store Manager for VirtueMart handles manufacturer assign in two ways - via Mass Product Changer - comprehensive tool for bulk product update or through product import with special wizard.
In the next few lines of this tutorial we are going to outline detailed information on a whole process of assign VirtueMart manufacturer procedure via Mass Product Changer or in the process of import to database.
Associate Products with Manufacturer with Mass Product Changer
- Select merchandise without manufacturer or ones, having incorrect manufacturer assigned.
- Hit Mass Product Changer button on the product toolbar or in the context menu.
- Mass Product Changer window, containing several tabs, comes up. Manufacturer field is accessible in General Information tab. Press this dropdown to get the list of all available at the moment manufacturers at VirtueMart store.
- Select necessary VirtueMart product manufacturer from the dropdown.
- Apply the modifications.
Ready! All selected products, have now manufacturer ascribed.
Manufacturer Assign via Import
Store Manager for VirtueMart possesses flexible import tool, which supports instant product update. If your import file has product identifier and manufacturers to be assigned, you can commence on data appending via VirtueMart product import wizard.
At the screenshot below you can see screenshot of sample import file, used to assign VirtueMart manufacturer to existing products. The file contains several fields only, manufacturer and product identifier are compulsory.
Pay attention to settings you should accomplish within import wizard steps. We’ll mention only some directly affecting VirtueMart product manufacturer assign. Entire VirtueMart product import tutorial is outlined in the post - VirtueMart Product Import
- Select correct delimiters detaching fields in the import file, otherwise data will be parsed improperly.
- Determine what product identifier is there in the spreadsheet. This field is available on Import Options wizard step and keeps multiple identifiers, namely SKU, icecatcode, product name, eancode. Check what identifier you have in the file and select the same from this dropdown.
- Link file columns to suitable database fields.
Once import is accomplished, VirtueMart product manufacturers will get ascribed to indicated items. Save time on daily VirtueMart catalog arrangement tasks with Store Manager application.