Renovated VirtueMart eBay Integration Launched
Using the right eCommerce software is an important part of tackling eBay business. Nowadays you can take advantage of more flawless and approachable VirtueMart integration with eBay marketplace via new VirtueMart eBay Integration addon of Store Manager.
The release brings a good number of significant changes, new features and improvements. Look through the coverage of main changes, the latest version delivers, before updating the addon.
SUMMARY OF IMPORTANT FEATURES
Configuration and Listing Setup
Old export/synchronization profiles have been retired and now addons offers comprehensive system for data integration setup.
- Configuration management has been improved in VirtueMart eBay Integration addon. You can create multiple configurations on the basis of necessary product listings.
- Configurations can be created, renamed, removed, saved or restored.
- It is possible to arrange products into multiple listings and use listings in configurations (export, synchronization) via eBay Integration addon. One and the same listing can be assigned to more than one configuration.
- Products can be added to eBay listings directly from Store Manager grid ("Add to eBay Listing" option has been added in the context menu).
Improved Display of Menus and Options
Refurbished interface and option display gives a modern look to VirtueMart eBay Integration addon.
Last Activity Logs
Recent operation logs summarize export, synchronization, mapping results, show date, operation was performed, display status for each. Previously data export/synchronization terminated if an error happened. The logics has been changed in new version. VirtueMart product export/synchronization will not be interrupted if some error occur. All the mishaps will be recorded to the report, you can access afterwards.
In case product export or synchronization fail, the addon allows you re-export or re-synchronize products.
How to Update VirtueMart eBay Integration to The Latest Version
To run renovated version of eBay Integration and access enhancements enumerated above, you should update the extension, as it is outlined below.
First of all, we recommend you to backup all active configurations in case you need to roll back to older addon version. Save mapping, export and synchronization profiles pressing "Save all Configurations" button.
You need also to backup eBay Integration .dll file to be able to return to previous version. Before updating to the latest version navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\eMagicOne\Store Manager for VirtueMart\Plugins\ and copy eBayIntegration.dll file to some local folder.
Once you have backuped configurations, proceed with the update in this way:
- Download VirtueMart eBay Integration installation file by the link - eBay Integration Addon
- Run installation within several steps of installation wizard.
- Read and accept License Agreement.
- Specify what application eBay Integration addon should be updated in (Store Manager for VirtueMart in this case).
- Complete installation and launch the addon in Store Manager Addon section respectively.
All of your existing main configuration data will be saved and upgraded according to new standards. To see your configurations, press "Export Products" or "Synchronize" button on the first addon page. All you need to do is to set listing for current configuration and add products it. You can do it automatically (by pressing "Next" button you will be redirected to the "Listing edit" step) or just set configuration as active (if you have more than one configuration) and press "Modify listing" button. After that you can continue working as usual. The same steps are true for eBay product synchronization.
*eBay Integration addon runs in Store Manager in Demo mode and allows to manage limited number of records. Order License key to unlock the functionality and export/synchronize products in any quantities.
How to Roll Back?
What to do if you, for some reason, want to use the old version? Downgrade is quite easy. Close Store Manager for VirtueMart and copy .dll file of eBay Integration addon you have been using previously to C:\Program Files (x86)\eMagicOne\Store Manager for VirtueMart\Plugins\.
Then open Store Manager and launch eBay Integration addon. The addon will be downgraded to older version and you should now restore all settings from saved configuration.