Ecommerce is very popular and widespread business, thus at the same time is very competitive environment. How to withstand the competition and make your store interesting for the shoppers? One of success keys is timely response on processes going on at your e-store and its general performance. It is achieved by making the right business decisions, made on the basis of your store data analysis. This way you'll get to know exactly what need to be done, where and when. However, it requires from you precise work on business/ sales information.
Store Manager for VirtueMart offers useful functionality, using which you can select out important details from your VirtueMart and display them as detailed business VirtueMart reports, representing different aspects of your online store in statistical manner.
Navigation Through Reports Section
Once you have installed Store Manager for VirtueMart, in the Ribbon menu you will see Reports section. If you open it you get access to more than 10 built-in reports and also unlimited number of custom reports you can create - all of that will “tell” you all you want to know about your online store in the most intuitive way.
Reports section empowers you with the following possibilities:
- see statistical data on your shop, using ready-made reports (Best Sellers, Best Sellers by Manufacturer, Most Viewed Products, Worst Sellers, Best Customers, Barcode Label etc.).
- select time spans such as start and finish dates when running the report to make selections on the basis of information corresponding to selected period.
- edit, delete, rename, change page settings view existing reports.
- create new VirtueMart reports, customizing them according to your requirements. You can adapt report to your needs by changing its layout, inserting your own logo, modifying belonging details.
New Report Creation
As was already mentioned above, it is possible to make your own report. However, please note that this section requires from you technical skills, basically the knowledge of SQL.
When hitting “New report” button you will see window with 2 sections:
- SQL Editor
- Report Designer
All report-related files are saved locally at your computer. Report templates are saved in .fr3 format and contain layout information. Quires themselves are .sql files. They can be found using this path -
Start -> All Programs -> eMagicOne -> Store Manager for VirtueMart -> Application Data ->Custom Reports
For convenient report editing, Store Manager comes with third-party tool for the mentioned purpose. It is accessible though -
Start -> All Programs -> eMagicOne -> Store Manager for VirtueMart ->Report Tool
Then open report template for which modification is needed.
Things to Remember:
- For logo and reports general look changes, only template modifications should be done. SQL files should not be changed.
- Reports cannot be empty and have to display some data.
- In case you to have some specific report corresponding to your needs, but have no requires skills, our analysis can put it together for you. Just send us your requirements and we will get back to you with estimated time and cost.
Generate and analyse VirtueMart reports for desired products, product categories, manufacturers, customers, countries and order statuses for any date range. Get all your online shop information at hands!