Setting impressive and customer-oriented VirtueMart store catalog is closely related to efficient VirtueMart images arranging. Product photos are inalienable constituents of web store product pages, since they not only describe wares you sell online, but help you to advertise them, create appealing and informative product pages, attracting customers attention and persuading them to buy.
VirtueMart store proprietors are much obliged to permanently operate with VirtueMart product images to attain fascinating site imagery - add new product pictures, import images together with products to store database, delete unnecessary product images and so on.
Store Manager for VirtueMart helps you fulfil operations mentioned and arrange product catalog in a suitable manner. Though, whatever operation over product images you are going to carry out, you have to configure FTP connection. The FTP makes it possible to exchange files between your computer and remote server. Unless you do not set up FTP connection, you will not be able to upload or preview product images using Store Manager for VirtueMart software.
FTP details must be designated in special window of Store Manager Preferences section. Call up Preferences using F12 button or press main menu button and switch to FTP tab, listed in the left window pane. Note, Store Manager allows you to define FTP settings in the process of data import configuring on Import Options step.
Here you need to complete array of settings to establish connection to your FTP.
- Specify the way to implement FTP - FTP, SFTP, FTPS or FTPES checking corresponding radio button.
- Input Server address - FTP server IP address or domain name. Note, no prefixes or suffixes are to be used.
- Indicate Port number - in this field you need to indicate port number. In most cases 21 should be inputted, nevertheless it may differ, depending on server settings.
- Designate User name (login) and Password - this is login information, used for authentication. On condition that access credentials are not at your disposal, contact your Hosting Company or create FTP user and access details by yourself via hosting control panel.
- Indicate your VirtueMart Store root directory - specify the name of store root directory.
To check whether connection settings have been correctly designated, press Test Connection button below.
In Additional section below you may define Max FTP threads - number of threads accessible. Some limitations might be put by your Hosting Company.
Below there is an option, that makes it possible to cache VirtueMart product images.
To sum up, it should be indicated that FTP connection is the prerequisite of VirtueMart images management and should be configured before any image handling operation.
Store Manager for VirtueMart comprises FTP Tasks Queue section, that lists ongoing FTP tasks - in the event that you append abundance of images to the store, they fall to FTP task queue section, since VirtueMart images are not being uploaded in an instant, but in turn.
Read the article on how to upload product images en masse in an instant with Store Manager for VirtueMart - http://virtuemart-manager.com/useful-articles/tips-tricks/optimize-your-virtuemart-imagery-upload-multiple-images-in-bulk/