VirtueMart Product Editing. What Details Can Be Modified/Added?
Once all of your categories are set up and all of your products are organized within the proper categories, you might consider adding lustre to your store content, performing VirtueMart edit product in order to make sure that all the details are there and they are accurate.
In case you have carried out VirtueMart add product procedure, but due to some reason need to edit VirtueMart product, you can easily do it using Store Manager for VirtueMart.
With Store Manager there is no need go from product to product opening additional windows, making changes and closing one to move to another. Simply selecting any of VirtueMart products listed in the lower grid you will see the information on it and right away you can change the details if needed.
The information available for view and edit is divided into several tabs. Each section contains product details grouped according to some parameters. In order to modify any data in the tabs, after inputting them, press “Apply” button that will appear lower.
This section allows you to perform the following actions with the most important fields of this section:
- view Product ID - the unique number given to product after VirtueMart add productprocess. It cannot be changed or modified in any way.
- tick checkbox for Published or the product will NOT appear in your store.
- every product should have Product Name (this is obligatory field without which the product will not be created). Otherwise, the item will be defective. It should be informative and allow your clients understand what kind of good is on sale.
- indicate manufacturerif the brand matters and you would like to let the customer know who developed the product.
- if you would like to keep track of your inventory and know how the number of items sold, use “In stock” option, indicating how many goods you currently offer
- provide your customers fullest information possible, adding item’s dimensions.
- improve your meta information for search engines to recognize and find this product faster.
Make sure that description contains all the positive aspects that the shopper might find useful. Accomplish VirtueMart edit product and describe how the product looks like, feels, tastes, its features and benefits over others etc. so the buyer could understand what exactly is the product. You can use HTML mode and separate out keywords that will be potentially used by searchers browsing the Internet to bring them to your store.
The most important here is to insert Cost Price (price the customer will pay) and optionally currency. Base price (cost price provided by supplier) and final price ( the Base Price with any additional rules/margins) are calculated by VirtueMart. Here you can also use taxes if needed.
You change the position of the product assigning it to one or multiple categories using checkboxes in front of corresponding category names. Do not forget to apply changes for them to be saved.
Using this section there is the possibility to select the Custom field you want to add to your product that you do not have on default. The defined parameters for the specific custom field are displayed, to add new one, press appropriate button.
Add the goods which are somehow connected to your products. Your client might find them useful either and purchase along with original product.
Upload photos to your VirtueMart products to make them more attractive and eye-catching. You can append images from your computer, from link to it or selecting the one from Media Gallery.
If you need to massively edit VirtueMart products follow directions the following article provides:http://virtuemart-manager.com/useful-articles/tips-tricks/accomplish-virtuemart-products-update-in-bulk-with-mass-product-changer/