VirtueMart Media Files
In VirtueMart all image files you add are getting to VirtueMart media files section. There you will be able to see not only product or category VirtueMart images, but also the ones you add for your vendors or manufacturers.
This is the place where your pictures are put. The procedure is two-sided: you may assign image to particular item and it will be placed to “Media files” section as well as add images first to this section and then use it when applying to entity. This is especially useful when you need to have the same image for several items, because in this case there is no need to load it a few times, you simply can assign image from media files to different products.
Store Manager for VirtueMart will help you manage your image files.
VirtueMart media files section of Store Manager is located in Store tab of application’s ribbon menu.
At media files toolbar you will see options for managing your VirtueMart images added.
Basically, all operations are carried out from one and the same place. No additional windows are opened and data can be viewed, added or modified from the fields of lower grid.
In particular, the following operations are available:
- add new media. After this action was selected, you will have to fill in the information related in tab “Image information” of the lower grid. After the image was uploaded, you can also preview it and its thumbnail.
The lower grid as was mentioned above, is the place where details can be viewed and data/changes are inputted/implemented.
- File published? - this checkbox is responsible for making visible or hiding the media.
- Unique File name - a specific identification "alias" or name for the media to be recognized by store owner.
- Displayed image title - the name that will appear when visitors put their cursor over the image
- Image Alt-Text - this options serves mainly for better indexing of your images by search engines.
- Used URL - once you have uploaded image, you will see image URL in this field, which displays direction in which image is saved at your FTP.
- Used thumb URL - in this field will be specified URL of thumbnail image.
- Role - Choose "displayable" to allow customers to view the image only, or "downloadable" if you want them to be able to download it.
- Storing location/type - You can select for which entity the image will be applied - product, category, manufacturer or vendor.
Good organization and structure of your website media is as important part of your general store well-being. Store Manager for VirtueMart is a great way for shopkeepers to create directory structures and easily upload image files from their local computer to the web server and further apply them to your store entities.
Read related articles on how to apply VirtueMart images from VirtueMart media files to particular products -http://virtuemart-manager.com/useful-articles/product-management/images/